This outfit was worn to church the day after Christmas. I had to pick it in a hurry as the weekend was soooo jam packed with family and friends and events! LOL I was afraid of it being a little drab since it was all black and grey, so I decided to go a different route with my shoes and other accessories. I took my eggplant booties that I really love and since they were deep just like the black, I paired them with this outfit. I also wore green chunky bangles. I did this to create a look that was more aesthetically pleasing as opposed to an all black and grey look, which can be a bit of a *yawn* I hope it was a winner!
grey drape cardigan from Belks, $12
black & silver bibbed tank from Belks, $8
black trousers from Lane Bryant, $14
eggplant booties from Cato's, $12
green bangle and black bangle gifted from cousin, $?
silver swirl earrings from Claire's $0.50 (woo hoo!!)
$46.50! Oh Yeah!!!
Click the pic below to see what the advisors at Lookville are saying about this outfit.
What I’m Lovin’…
Well guys, I’ve had a great year! Even though I’ve only started blogging a few months ago, a lot of positive things have happened for the site and for me! I’ve learned so much about this industry and about myself. I’m looking forward to learning more and more. I also look forward to another year of more great things to come. Let’s kick off “What I’m Lovin’” with the Year in Review.
What a great year and what a fun time I’ve had with these different outfits!
Here are the top ten highlights from the year as well!
1. God has blessed me and this site immensely! That is first and foremost. So, many things that I never even dreamed of have happened for me while on this journey.
2. I’ve been blessed to have to greatest son ever. He loves his mama and she loves him right back!
3. I was invited to join Lookville where I’ve been one of the top advisors of the day quite a few times and I’ve met some really, really great friends!
4. The Dumpy Duchess has gained quite a following! With all of the popular social networks combined (Facebook, Twitter, Lookville, Networkedblogs, and Blogger), there are over 300 people whose lives I get to touch! Ain’t God good?
5. Economical Elegance for the Dumpy Duchess was successfully monetized by selling adspace and earning a sponsor!
6. Popular blogger, Alissa Wilson of Stylish Curves stopped by the site to leave a comment on this post and to say how nice the blog was! That really made my day! :o) Catch her featured in this video for Just My Size!
7. The site has taken on an entirely new look as I have finally decided on the layout for the design! That was hard! LOL
8. I’ve had to opportunity to know, meet or become aware of so many others who are working in this field and I am learning so much. I’ll be blogging about some of my favorites really soon!
9. The comments, feedback, compliments, and requests from fans, family and friends this year have been nonstop. Praise God!
10. The Dumpy Duchess did her first interview this year in December. Fellow, up and coming blogger, Maddie Dougherty of Sweet T and Mad E, featured me here in her “People You Should Know” segment! (Her blog is very cute and well constructed, plus she’s a southern gal just like me!)
**I get to see another year of what God can do and I’m counting on it!!! Look for giveaways, reviews, makeovers, and lots more!**
Thanks for reading! I love you guys!
What I’m Hearin’…
Happy New Year everyone! Many smoochie boochies to you all and I love you guys! Don’t forget to “like” me on Facebook and catch me on twitter!!!